How old is the oldest horse you know? Is it living comfortably, being ridden or driven? Does it have health problems or need any special care? Share the age of, and what you know about the oldest horse you know. Share Your Information
- The oldest horse I knew was my own .Dusty was about 10_12yrsold when I got her and she died of old age at around35_37yrs
- —Guest Maureen
- We have an off the track chestnut thoroughbred mare that raced for several years. Since racing she has had a great jumper career and just competed in .9m (3') Jumpers in our provincial championships at age 24. She is sound and loves to jump. She is a very forward ride with lots of pep. She never walks but prefers to prance, and is a challenging ride. Two years ago she had a serious injury (a large hematoma from a jumping accident on her stifle ruptured) but after 6 months off and good care she completely recovered, and was back training. So she not only has lots of energy but has good healing ability too. The only sign of her age is that it requires oil and beet pulp to keep her weight on. Her teeth and feet are great. Under saddle she looks and acts like a 5 year old! We have considered retiring her but feel that the exercise is keeping her fit and happy. What a girl!
- —Guest Kim
- We have an old girl who has just turned 44 this year. Her original owner was told by her vet that she was between 18-22 when she got her. We've gone off the lowest age of 18, so she could even be older. She's still in great "nick" quite deaf and blind at night, but otherwise still very spritley. She still comes free running with us when we ride up the back of the property.
- —Guest Sarah McPhee
Oldest horse I know
- The barn where I work is currently home to a 43-year-old draft mare! She is retired from the saddle but still lively, and enjoying her golden years! She never, ever spooks so when new riders or small kids come to the barn, we use her for grooming lessons.
- —Guest Meg
- The oldest horse I knew was a gorgeous pony called Lucy, who lived to be 50 years old. She was chestnut and 12.1 hh
- —Guest Horse Crazy
- An Arabian at my barn is at least 47 years old now.
- —Guest Laura
The Oldest Horse I Know
- The oldest horse I know is an Arabian/Thrououghbred cross named Erev. He is currently 42 or 43 and is still happiest when under saddle, if only for very light riding.
- —Guest Sydney
- My arabian horse turned 29 in May. He is doing well except for some chronic laminitis,which I am constanly keeping up with every thing that I can do for him!
- —Guest Vickie Webster
Oldest horse I know
- The oldest horse i know is a 42 year old quarter horse that is still going strong in light work, like leadline walking lessons
- —Guest Anna D
37 years old
- My own pony, Lady is her name, have had her 29years and think she is 37years old? She is of no particular breed.14.1 hands high
- —Guest Sheila Morphey
oldest working cowhorse
- I ride and still team rope on my 27 yr old who still acts and works like he has since he was 5. Obviously we take it a little easier on him but the horse doesn't ever seem to age and really hasn't lost any ability at all.
- —Guest TJ
Oldest Horse i know
- 10 yrs ago a Horse neamed Bullwinkle at the the Pleasanton Fairground's, He wa 42!!
- —Guest Theresa
- One of my horses is 41 years old.We got her when she was 2 for our 5 year old son, who now is almost 45.
- —Guest Bob
Not as old as the rest but well up there
- I ride a 40 year old sweet heart whos name is Sweetie. :) She is still going strong!
- —Guest Choochie
Jack's dolly pardon
- My horse Dolly Pardon will be 44 years old on May 1, 2001. She was foaled on 5/15/1978. I have owned her since she was six years old. Is she the oldest living horse.
- —Guest faye coleman