How old is the oldest horse you know? Is it living comfortably, being ridden or driven? Does it have health problems or need any special care? Share the age of, and what you know about the oldest horse you know. Share Your Information
Oldest horse I know
- The barn where I work is currently home to a 43-year-old draft mare! She is retired from the saddle but still lively, and enjoying her golden years! She never, ever spooks so when new riders or small kids come to the barn, we use her for grooming lessons.
- —Guest Meg
- The oldest horse I knew was a gorgeous pony called Lucy, who lived to be 50 years old. She was chestnut and 12.1 hh
- —Guest Horse Crazy
- An Arabian at my barn is at least 47 years old now.
- —Guest Laura
The Oldest Horse I Know
- The oldest horse I know is an Arabian/Thrououghbred cross named Erev. He is currently 42 or 43 and is still happiest when under saddle, if only for very light riding.
- —Guest Sydney
- My arabian horse turned 29 in May. He is doing well except for some chronic laminitis,which I am constanly keeping up with every thing that I can do for him!
- —Guest Vickie Webster
Oldest horse I know
- The oldest horse i know is a 42 year old quarter horse that is still going strong in light work, like leadline walking lessons
- —Guest Anna D
37 years old
- My own pony, Lady is her name, have had her 29years and think she is 37years old? She is of no particular breed.14.1 hands high
- —Guest Sheila Morphey
oldest working cowhorse
- I ride and still team rope on my 27 yr old who still acts and works like he has since he was 5. Obviously we take it a little easier on him but the horse doesn't ever seem to age and really hasn't lost any ability at all.
- —Guest TJ
Oldest Horse i know
- 10 yrs ago a Horse neamed Bullwinkle at the the Pleasanton Fairground's, He wa 42!!
- —Guest Theresa
- One of my horses is 41 years old.We got her when she was 2 for our 5 year old son, who now is almost 45.
- —Guest Bob
Not as old as the rest but well up there
- I ride a 40 year old sweet heart whos name is Sweetie. :) She is still going strong!
- —Guest Choochie
Jack's dolly pardon
- My horse Dolly Pardon will be 44 years old on May 1, 2001. She was foaled on 5/15/1978. I have owned her since she was six years old. Is she the oldest living horse.
- —Guest faye coleman
- 1 of are ponies died just last year at around 40 years old we also have a 50 year old Shetland pony who can still be riden
- —Guest emma
34 years old
- My horse is 34 years old - I have had her since she was 4 years old so I can verify her age.
- —Guest j garden
My learning pony, precious
- When I was just learning to ride a few years ago, I rode a horse called precious who was 35. Note that I am not that old myself. She is now still alive and 41, still growing strong. Her breed may be a help to this however, as she is a welsh mountain pony. At the moment I now own a welsh cob, who is at the age of 21, but you wouldent have thought it. He has 15hh and is still a lively gelding.
- —Guest domin123