- Jake was put down a week or 2 ago, he was a peppy old thing! He had all his teeth up until the vet pulled one and one fell out! May not have been good but still loved food! He was 35 going on 36 so he was quite old. He was a flee bitten grey quarter pony about 14.2-14.3! He didn't stop showing until he was 34 in gymkhanas might I add! He was and amazing horse and loves jelly beans! That was his favorite. I also showed him in 4-h and won reserve champion on the old little guy! But I'm sure hes happy up there in horsey heaven! There is so much that I can say about the little stinker! But he was and old boy and good and friendly! He loved people and kids! I miss him dearly.. He will always be in my heart! Love you little jakey!
- —Guest Katie
- Quarter horse will be 30 in March. I have had him since he was two, he has some joint issues and has survived founder, coffin joint puncture and the thumps in past few years, still prances and shows from time to time.
- —Guest Dew Baby
Quarter horse 37
- My horse is 37 years old and going strong. Has a bit of joint issues in the back end, teeth are not the best but with the correct feed he is doing just fine. Another 5 years at least.
- —Guest Lori
horse i didnt quite know but still loved
- Well my aunt had a horse that they have had for quite a long time the loved him his name was Shady he was gray with spots he was 30 years old and they went to go feed him and he was on the ground and could not get up so they put him down
- —Guest jenna
27 Yr old App Stallion
- I have a 27 year old Appaloosa Stallion that can still be ridden. I have him in a pasture with free acess to a stall full of sawdust and hay as a thank you for all the years of showing and working with me.
- —Guest Michelle
61 years old
- he is 61 he is very old and friendly he is turning 62 soon!
- —Guest Sonia
Our oldest pony
- Hello sadly we had Amos age 53 put to sleep last week. He was a Shetland Pony.
- —Guest Sara Barton
- My horse Yellow is really old! He is probably 40 this year! Still going. He bucks kicks and bites sometimes! Lol
- —Guest Lauren
- 37yr old thoroughbred and still going strong! She has one bad knee but still canters around with her little goat friend! As well, 35yr old clydesdale and still doing trail rides! Strong as ever and not to mention happy!
- —Guest Emily
Oldest Horse I've Met
- Persian, a horse at Days End Farm Horse Rescue, is the oldest I've met. He's 25+, and he's a sweet, gray Draft-X. So, I guess draft horses can do okay with age. If you want to know more about Days End, where I LOVE to volunteer, the website is: www.defhr.org. It's an AMAZING organization! You can also find a picture of Persian in the SOS Horse Program postings.
- —Guest Jules
42 years plus
- About 30 years ago my father-in-law purchased a horse who was bound for the knackery. Sheba lives in retirement on his small farm and is now believed to be over 42 years old.
- —Guest Sandie McNeilly
- The oldest horse I own is 38 and he's a Morgan quarter horse and the best horse I've ever owned
- —Guest Hunter
My old Paint
- I have a beloved 34-year-old American Paint Horse gelding whom I've had for 20 years. He's my first horse, and although I've bought and sold three others during the time I've had him, I could never sell him! Although he used to grab the bit and take off running if you weren't careful, and made a habit of dumping any man that tried to ride him, I could (and still can) ride him tackless (no bridle, halter, saddle, or anything) because he's so responsive to leg pressure, weight, and voice commands. I even used to jump courses tackless. It's an incredible feeling being so at one with your horse, and I expect I'll never have that kind of connection with another one! He's traveled all over the US with me while I was a student, and I moved him with me to New Zealand six years ago. He's swaybacked and arthritic, and recently has developed some eating problems, but is in great spirits and I sure hope I have at least a few more years with the dear old boy.
- —Guest Jennifer
My pal Duke
- duke was a rescue horse he had lost his will to live there was no glow in his eyes not trusting humans was so skinny would not eat or drink my son an i stayed with him round the clock nursing him showing him love an slowly he came around that was yrs ago Duke is now 27yrs old the bond we have is so strong hes part of our family my son is 10yrs old now has grown up with duke they are the best of friends duke is now a very loving heathy strong horse an we are blessed having him.Duke gives us so much love . hes a happy very loved horse
My beloved Shiloh
- On 1/12/2011 I lost my my beautiful pony my oldest friend Shiloh at age 38 years we had been together since she was 8mths old i cannot explain my loss or what i am going through i truly loved her and i will never forget the joy she bought to me RIP my beautiful girl i love you.
- —Guest John Rycen