From the article: What You Need to Take to a Horse Show for the Horse
What do you take to a horse show for horse? Add your items to the list! Share Your Tips
- Wear something over your clothes! Your horse might rub or sneeze on you! I have experience lol! :)
- —Guest ironstone78
Always use sweat sheets!
- Whether you are showing western or english, always use half or full sweat sheets! Half neck sheets protect loose or braided hair from those horses who love to rub braids out or roll. Bring a stable sheet or winter coat if you are goin to a winter or fall show. On your stall or trailer door, keep a sign with your contact info and vet's #. For halter classes bring your leather halter and chain lead. Exercise your horse A LITTLE in the morning to warm them up, but not to much. You don't wnat to tire them out the day of the show.
- —Guest Image is a beauty
No more early mornings! :-)
- Always, always, plait and bath your horse the night before the show. You can do some emergency plait fixes in the morning and it means you can get up at 7.00 instead of 5.30 for your horse show. If you stable your horse overnight or put a cover on, your horse is not very likely to get dirty.
- —Guest Abi
Dont be late
- Pack the night before and get everything together that night that you will need the next morning so you can get a good start and dont be late to the show. Running around in the morning at the show can be very stressfull. This way you and your horse are relaxed. :-)
- —Guest Horsin around
- Have all my show clothes together and extra britches, coat, shirt, etc. in case of bad weather or an accident or whatever.
- —Guest horselover224
Essential for horse show
- The Horse! LOL Don't forget the coggins and health certificate if necessary.
- —Guest DL