From the article: Embarrassing Moments with Horses
Has your horse humbled or embarrassed you? Tell your story. Don’t worry, although your story should be true, your nom-de-plume needn’t be. Share your most embarrassing or humbling moment with your horse. Share Your Story
- I decided to take my horse on a ride down a hill (bareback). Well he decided to throw his head and I lost the reins :( he. Then I when rolling down the hill and into stinging grass and briars :( not fun!
- —Guest Emma
- I was riding my 15 year old TB gelding and he LOVES jumping, any way we where in the arena and he was bored because we where waiting for the rest of my lesson to finish their round, so he suddenly veered out of the line and galloped towards the end of the arena, when he got 1 stride away from the fence he took off with me hanging on and cleared the fence but then on the other side he ran into the strict owner of the riding school and charged past her horse knocking her off and spooking her prized horse.....
- —Guest Shell
Embarrassing Moments with Equines
- I have 2: First horse show: Who Knows and I took the blue, but when it was time to walk up and accept it, he wouldn't budge!! I was 10-years-old & mortified! Finally, the steward took a step forward, & Whoser walked right up to accept! When Horses Frisk Celebrities: I was riding around and the horse I was on made a bee line for a man sitting in a chair and pinned him in. I had been at a Stanley Cup game the night before and was voiceless, so all I had was seat, hands & legs. I'm asking & asking Sizzle to back. The man turned to our mutual friend & asked for help. She turned, saw the horse & started laughing! "He's just frisking you for carrots!" she assured him. My other friend, Tom, saw my predicament & said, "He's found another mark!" Sizzle heard Tom's voice, reared up, turned on his haunches & trotted to Tom! Didn't know eyes got that WIDE! The voice sounded familiar. It was my FAVORITE MLB pitcher that Sizzle had pinned. He was visiting his friend, my barn buddy.
- —Guest Scarragh
Not so honest
- I was riding my green horse at an eventing derby and was bragging about how honest my horse was despite his inexperience. Naturally, he refused two beginner novice sized jumps in view of everyone.
- —Guest Alexia
Oh god...this will be long
- We were doing a gridwork rally in groups of four and I was trying to show my friend from London that my pony was really good and I was a really good rider but it's typical we were doing walk into canter and the first time he did it great and she wasn't there . Then we did it on the other rein. A horse in the next feild started galloping around and the horses couldn't see him so they started half rearing and then my instructor said ok go and in stead of doing walk into canter he went walk into fast canter around the arena. My friend looked shocked. Also my pony after a show was eating his food and i walked under his head to get the water and he sneased right onto my head and they wiped his mouth on me. Also at a show we were coming home so we were loading our ponies up and my pony took 6 people to push him into the trailer and I just sat in the car all embarrassed ( he never does that normally) I have so Much more stories but I'm running out of characters so I better stop glancing on.
- —Guest @connie+stiggy
Bad first impressions
- I went to this ladies barn to try out a horse I was thinking about leasing. Everything went well as I Was riding him until he began to canter in his own! As I tried to slow him he jumped over a poll on the ground and I lost balance and fell in my butt!!!
- —Guest Random
- I was riding a horse out at a show, and we were doing bending we went around the first few pole fine then before I knew my feet were stuck in the stirrups and I was upside down hanging onto the breastplate screaming for help, whilst everbody stood there looking, pointing and laughing at me!! I was red in the face, I ran back to the float loaded my horse up and yelled at mum to stop talking and take me home!! SOOOO EMBARRASSING!
- —Guest Sarah
- I was riding a welsh Mare that I leased called Minnie bareback, and we went for a road ride and as we start going up the drive way she full on turns around and gallops back!! I manged to hang on and stop her but it was emabarrasiing cos my friends were watching! Another time my legs wouldnt stay back in our riding lesson, so My teacher (riding teacher) comes up and takes my stirrups away for the whole lesson! it as pretty funny! :)
- —Guest Ilovehorsesthemost!
- After I got my TWH Dancer from her pasture, she seemed thirsty. So I filled up a tub with water and held it for her to drink out of. She took a few sips then took a step back, and charged at it; making me absolutely soaked. Nice going Dancer.
- —Guest Grace
- I was riding my part loan pony, Billy, in the arena. It was one of my first times on him, and his other part loaner had spent all morning plaiting his mane with him tied up. As is predictable, he was not very impressed by me riding him round and round at walk- so he walked out of the arena. He kept on repeating this charade- in walk it was funny, in trot a bit iffy, and in canter XD! Remind me to keep him interested next time!
- —Guest HorseyMandz
- I was leading my 3 yr old paint down the long aisle of the barn coming from stall 2 past stall 20 and he was kinda slow so I was walking ahead of him , lead rope swinging. Next thing I know , I'm on my belly arms outstretched , legs sprawled , looking up at my horse in front of me! My own horse had bowled me over at the end of the barn in plain view of all the other horse boarders! Boy was my face red!!!
- —Guest Ireland
- I was showing halter class with my appaloosa mare Peggy, and she just didn't want to walk at a normal pace, and i stepped in front of her a bit to slow her down and the big brat she is went and shoved me with her head and i fell on my face and she just stood there stareing at me as if to say "How in the world did you get down there?" while everyone laughed at me ...
- —Guest Jamie
Ugggg so embarresed
- I am just a beginner and i was riding around the ring at a walk and this girl was coming so I moved out of the way and i came back around but my instructor told me I cut the girl off and the worst part the person that owned the farm was teaching her!!!!
- —Guest emily
OMG THIS IS COMMON
- i was at a summer horse show and my horse got overly exited and started bucking and i got bucked off into horse poo and i was soo embarrassed
- —Guest tori
- I was taking lessons on a horse, and I galloped, my horse suddenly stopped and sent me flying through air, I landed in the bucket of poo and my BFF and crush were watching! My crush said he was telling everyone, and he did!
- —Guest hannah
1-15 of 56Next