The Bottom Line
- Easy to read
- Well researched
- Attractive cover and photos
- Photos don't match information in many cases.
- Horse Lover's Daily Companion - 365 Days of Tips and Inspiration for Living a Joyful Life with Your Horse
- By Audrey Pavia, with photos by Tom Sapp
- Hard Cover with Die Cut
- 315 Pages
- ISBN-13: 978-1-59253-570-5 ISBN-10: 1-5-59253-570-4
Guide Review - Horse Lover's Daily Companion
365 Days of Tips and Inspiration for Living a Joyful Life with Your Horse
Every page in this book holds a tidbit of information about horse care, horse breeds, sports or trivia. The book is set up to be read one page a day. There's even a ribbon bookmark attached to the spine so you can keep your place. Horse Lover's Daily Companion is also liberally sprinkled with lovely photographs by photographer Tom Sapp.
The only downside to the photos is that they often don't correspond to the information on the same page. For example, on page 59 the article is about the Pony Express. The photo on the same page however, is a huntsman with hounds. I think the book could have been enhanced by better placement of the pictures.
But despite the incongruity, Horse Lover's Daily Companion is a very informative and entertaining book. I found myself leafing through it while eating my breakfast as the book is easy to pick up and put down, without losing any sort of 'story'.