The Bottom Line
- Beautiful photos.
- Easy to read conversational tone.
- Will appeal to wide range of disciplines and experience levels.
- No 'how-to' instructions.
- Gallop to Freedom: Training Horses with the Founding Stars of Cavalia
- By Magali Delgado and Frederic Pignon
- Hard Cover
- 181 pages - illustrated with photos.
- ISBN-10: 1570764204
Guide Review - Gallop to Freedom: Training Horses with the Founding Stars of Cavalia
Grand Prix level dressage rider Magali Delgado and her husband and fellow Cavalio founder and performer Frederic Pignon share their philosophies on training and living with horses. Pignon and Degado do not use traditional methods, but build on their horse’s natural behaviors. They train their horses using the concept of ‘play’ rather than the negative reinforcement methods often used. Pignon and Degado strive for harmony, rather than mastery.
Those looking for lock-step instruction on how to train their horses to perform will be disappointed. The authors do not espouse any particular training methods, but rather adapt their training to suit the particular personalities and aptitudes of their equine companions. "This book aims to help you achieve a fruitful and effective partnership with your horse, a partnership that will be as much a reward to him as it is to you."