Dressing up for a costume class or preparing to ride or drive a horse in a parade can be a lot of fun. But you want to make sure that while you are riding or driving a horse in a parade or in costume, you are also staying safe as possible. Here are some ideas for putting together safe costumes and getting ready for a parade.
Helmets do not make you accident proof. But they do go a long way to protecting a part of your body that is difficult to heal - your head. Unfortunately, the helmet often goes out the window when it comes to making a costume. But over the years I've seen some clever disguises as people incorporated their helmet into their costume. Here are some ideas, and some information about helmets.
It can be a lot of fun decorating your horse for a costume class or parade. All it takes are some inexpensive materials and a bit of imagination.
Riding and Driving SafetyThe basics of riding and driving safety need to be observed wherever you go. Make sure that vehicle passengers too, understand the need to observe the safety rules.
- Safety Tips for Driving Your Horse - Driving Horse Safety
- Safety Tips for Horseback Riders - Stay Safe While Riding
Need some costume ideas? Here are costume ideas from all over the About.com network to inspire you.
- How to Do Papier-mâché
- Home-Made Halloween Costume Photo Gallery
- About.com Sewing Costume Gallery
- Halloween Costume Ideas from About.com Family Crafts
- Quick Costume Ideas from About.com Family Crafts
- About.com Horses Costume Gallery
- Directory of Companies that Make Costume Sewing Patterns
- Papier-mâché Horse Head
For even more inspiration, here are some parades that feature horse and riders and horse drawn vehicles.