Question: Where can you find good ponies?
There are lots of places to find ponies. Here are just a few ideas:
- Ask at the riding stable where your child takes lessons. Outgrown ponies or school ponies ready for semi-retirement are ideal.
- Ask at Pony Club or horse club meetings if any members have outgrown their mounts.
- Classified Ads may yield a selection of ponies. Ads with a phrase similar to 'sadly outgrown' can be an indication of a good pony that will be missed by its owner.
- Dealers with a good reputation, or who specialize in ponies can be a good source.
- Bulletin boards at tack and feed stores often have ads from individuals selling ponies.
- Breeders may have ponies for sale. These ponies may be higher priced since they will be purebred animals.
- Online classified can make it easy to 'shop from home' for a pony.