Question: Are there good reasons not to buy a child's pony?
Your child may have hundreds of reasons why you should by them a pony, but there are a few good reasons why you shoudn't.
- You can't afford the initial outlay or upkeep.
- You aren't a horse person yourself, so don't feel comfortable about overseeing a pony's care.
- You don't have space to keep one.
- You're not sure of your child's commitment.
- You're not sure a pony will fit into your lifestyle. (Do you live a considerable distance from a stable, or do you travel a lot?)
- Your child is going through a growth spurt and may outgrow a pony very quickly. It might be better to wait a few months.