1. Home
Katherine Blocksdorf

How Long Do Horses Live?

By May 28, 2013

I once received 'gift horse' who was 27 year old. That's old, right? Not if you asked her. At 27 she was still going strong. So how long do horses and ponies live? Thanks to an improved understanding of their care, just like humans, horse lifespan is increasing. Here's some information on horse's life span and comparative age that may surprise you.

There's Lots More to Read About Horse's Age:

Comments

November 27, 2006 at 2:07 pm
(1) Trudy Campbell says:

I grew up on a Ranch in Kansas. I raise horses, I have found if you keep your horse wormed and do not overfeed to cause colic, I have many broodmares which are over 25 years old one is 33 years old. The vet recently did blood work and aside from being old they are in perfect health absolutely no worms, just healthy old mares that run out in the pasture with their friends! I have a special ground feed that they eat and it keeps their coats beautiful and shiny. One old mare was born on the ranch and she will die on the ranch. I keep horses forever and just because a horse gets past twenty I am living proof that they can live to be thirty!

March 3, 2007 at 8:28 pm
(2) brittany says:

that is preety old but i would love to have a horse that old

September 25, 2007 at 8:14 pm
(3) nikalia dinunno says:

wow thanks thats some real good edvice but i no a pony that is 30 years old what about that now thats old right!

July 4, 2008 at 9:47 am
(4) Lisa Loo says:

I visit a clydesdale horse and he’s 26-27 and he’s great a big softy, I just wish I owned him…………

November 7, 2008 at 10:51 am
(5) lolopez says:

i don’t like horses at all becasuse i can’t take good care of them at all lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

December 22, 2008 at 6:22 am
(6) sarah says:

my friends used to have a pony(about 9-10hh) who was 40 and still doing pony club(well mostly only a half day) but he died a few years back at about 43. and they have an 11-12hh pony who is about 35 and is still going strong

January 13, 2009 at 6:59 pm
(7) MBCluvsU says:

i know a horse that is going on 36 this year his birthday is in The spring/summer

February 3, 2009 at 11:59 am
(8) Jadee says:

how long can horses actually live up too ? i would really like to know

February 3, 2009 at 1:27 pm
(9) Katherine says:

The oldest pony in the world, as recorded by Guinness Book, lived to be 56. Guinness Book claims “Old Billy”, a barge horse, lived to be 62. Ponies usually live longer than horses.

February 4, 2009 at 3:33 pm
(10) Jaye says:

AS with all living things, genes, environment, and care make huge differences. Now a days, with the improvement in feeds, medical care and owner education, horses are living longer and better lives. I know that I had one quarter horse that I got when he was 6 and I owned him until he died at 32 just 2 years ago.

February 23, 2009 at 11:43 pm
(11) Debbie says:

Thank you all so much…my horse will be turning 20 this March (I got him the day he was born- I was 12), & my husband has asked me “How long will Pride live?”- I tell him “FOREVER!”, but I do wonder how old they can live to be. His mom was 34 at death, & I’m hoping he surpases her- right now you’d never guess he was almost 20.

March 19, 2009 at 4:59 pm
(12) katherine m says:

mt horse is now 35 years old and still in good shape i hope

March 20, 2009 at 8:51 am
(13) Katherine says:

That’s good to hear!

April 6, 2009 at 4:44 am
(14) Millie says:

My riding instructor told me that sh knows a 47 year old horse and it came 5th in a riding competition this year!
He’s still going strong

April 7, 2009 at 6:49 pm
(15) gill billy says:

I own a fell pony cross. He is 14.3h and is healthy and sound. He is 35years old this year. I bought him when he was 7years old.He is as cheeky as ever!

April 16, 2009 at 7:49 am
(16) 13 year old Horse Lover!!!!!!!!!! says:

Horses usally only live up to 25 years but with good care horses can live up to 30 years more depending on the breed. Most ponies live a little shorter then horses do, like Rats live longer then mice do.
The worlds oldest pony died at the age of 56!
And the worlds oldest horse (Billy) died at the age of 62!!!

May 4, 2009 at 10:09 am
(17) madison says:

i love horses and my dad said if he got me a horse it would a old lay,d back horse i love horses so ya.

May 31, 2009 at 4:59 pm
(18) Sammy joe says:

I would love to even have a horse, there was horse riding when I went on holiday, I grew to like a horse called Harvey he’s 15 and I wanted to know how long he would live for I was worries that like dogs they lived till they were 14 and above that was pretty lucky :(

June 13, 2009 at 9:41 am
(19) ambers1364 says:

We have a horse named “Everythins a Bar” from the “Three Bars” line of Quarter Horse. This year he is 40, and still going strong. He looks a little rough but is well fed.

June 22, 2009 at 1:17 am
(20) LKH says:

I have a horse that is at least 37. She came with the house that my parents bought over 20 years ago. She used to barrel race and lost her daughter like 5 years ago. She is pretty amazing, but i dont know her exact age.

June 24, 2009 at 7:29 pm
(21) Lola Star says:

This website is for facts,right?OR is it going to be for- mean- comments?!Don’t be mean to horses,if U dont EVEN HAVE ONE!!!

June 24, 2009 at 7:33 pm
(22) Natalie says:

lolopez,U DON’T EVEN NO WHAT UR SAYING!! HORSES ARE NOT MEANT TO BE INSULTED!!! TRY HAVING ONE FIRST,INSTEAD OF TALKING!!

September 7, 2009 at 1:27 pm
(23) Heather says:

I am getting my first horse and I am looking at a thoroughbred who is 20 years old. Do you guys think this is too old to be buying? I am so excited to get my first horse and I am told she doesn’t have any previous injuries. She is also from a shelter so I am giving her a second chance at going to a good home (which I will no doubt provide as I love horses!).

September 8, 2009 at 2:23 pm
(24) Katherine Blocksdorf says:

As long as your horse is healthy and sound, and you understand how to look after a senior horse there is no reason you can’t enjoy a 20 year old horse! Congratulations on giving a horse a good home!

November 7, 2009 at 11:53 am
(25) lauren says:

i grew up in a barn full of horses but i just cant get why i grew up there i could of grew up some where else!

December 29, 2009 at 10:52 am
(26) linda taricco says:

I need some advise. My 30 year old Arab is not wanting to chew the grass alfalfa anymore. I’ve switched him to the cubed alfalfa and then the Elk Grove pellet form. He developed a rash and I believe it is from the concentrated alfalfa. What are you gals feeding these old horses without spending 18 dollars for a fifty pound bag of food that lasts only a few days? He does have 40 acres of pasture but he needs more this time of year (winter).

December 29, 2009 at 4:18 pm
(27) Katherine says:

Hi! Have you had his teeth checked? At age 30, dental problems become an issue. In the past, I have used cubes, but always soaked them. I found many of the cubes very compact and hard–possibly too hard for a senior to crunch through. I’d also consider soaked beet pulp along with a senior feed. I’m not fussy about pellets unless they’re soaked as well. Check into the forum, as many of the readers there will have ideas for you– http://horses.about.com/mpboards.htm.

March 25, 2010 at 1:36 pm
(28) shelby says:

i just lost my horse last night! he was neglected for 8 years i got him when i was 5 years old and we made tons of storys though the years. he was 37 years old and still going storng up untill a night ago and he could not stand up and didnt eat for 3 days. anyays i love him so much! and i will miss him forever! i love you KAZ!!

March 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm
(29) Katherine says:

So sorry to learn of this Shelby. Maybe you’d like to write a memorial? http://horses.about.com/u/sty/firsthorsephotogallery/horsememorials/

April 6, 2010 at 11:14 am
(30) Ganstadesi93 says:

Aw…I’m sorry 2 hear about ur horse. But he is in a better place now. At least he is not suffering.
My mom got married 6 months ago to this guy named Steven and his daughter (now my stepsis) she is 11 and rides horses in competitions and all that. She has a horse named Eli. I love him so much he is so adorable. Idk how old he is but he is so sweet. He is light colored with a darker color b/c in the winter he gets a darker colored fur. And he’s just now shedding it off. But he is to cute. I have always thought horses were cute and stuff but I would never go near them b/c when I was lil I was always getting kicked in the stomach and shins. And after a while it gets just a wee lil bit old! Lol! But I love horses more then ever now. Eli is a great horse. I really want one of my own. I love Paints

April 13, 2010 at 10:32 am
(31) eleanor says:

one of my horses is 38 beat that! hahahaaa and sttill full of personality! but it has been a long time since he last ahd a saddle on his back of course!

April 13, 2010 at 12:52 pm
(32) Katherine says:

That’s great. The oldest horse I know of personally was 36, so that beats it by two years.

May 10, 2010 at 10:13 pm
(33) Courtney says:

I just got a old mare her name is Harley.. she just turned 21 and im hoping she will live to at least 30 or more. Shes a solid sorrel color with a blaze, but pure bred Appaloosa. I Love Her! She is still in great shape! Way Bigger than my Uncles Paint/Quater Horse, Fortune. =)

June 10, 2010 at 9:58 am
(34) Kerry2765 says:

I rescued my Palomino mare 8 years ago who had been severely neglected. She is now 26, i hack out 3 times a week on her & she still has the spirit of an 8 year old! Honey is my life & will live forever!

July 2, 2010 at 9:34 am
(35) carrieann says:

or bless then i have got lots of horses if people did not let the stav then there will not be dead x :P

July 2, 2010 at 1:21 pm
(36) DJ says:

I really like horses but i’ve never owned one. It’s really amazing how long they live and how healthy they are even in old age. I’m only 17 so i hope that i can own a horse befor my life is over. It’s ever girls dream to own her own horse ! :)

July 6, 2010 at 4:46 am
(37) mwa says:

where i do horse riding horses live up to 50 or over there is a horse there named judge and he is 52 and he has been probably cared for :)

September 14, 2010 at 8:05 am
(38) shelby says:

wow thats a long time….for a horse to be living well nothing more to say later:)

September 24, 2010 at 7:47 am
(39) Zeb says:

I heard horse go till 45 odd

September 30, 2010 at 10:32 am
(40) vicki says:

my pony is 29 years old and still going strong!! shes a great big softy you dont need head collars or lead ropes to lead her a brilliant pony :)

October 7, 2010 at 4:44 pm
(41) Connie says:

I have a 29 year old Paint mare. She has been on many a high mountain rescue, ridden many a parade and has excelled in the poles and barrels. She is not swaybacked and other than some weight loss she looks good. She will be 30 in March of 2011. Were hoping she winters well.

January 12, 2011 at 12:37 am
(42) Heather says:

My uncle owns a horse who is 43 yrs old. He’s completely healthy and active. I’m not to sure about the breed of horse though. I just thought it was amazing that he’s made it this long, and hopefully he’ll still have a few more years to enjoy.

January 12, 2011 at 8:46 am
(43) Katherine says:

That’s amazing!

January 14, 2011 at 3:08 pm
(44) roisin says:

yea,i have ponies i ride to, i mash up duck and chicken
eggs in my horses feed it makes his coat shiny.
fact did you know horses with big eyes
are naturly more bad tempered than horses with small
eyes can i say hi to my horse mad best friend ciara
from bennekerry co carlow lots of love roisin

April 6, 2011 at 1:25 am
(45) Shannon says:

There is a horse on our yard that is 44 years old

April 12, 2011 at 10:37 am
(46) lacey says:

i have always wanted a horse. i dont know how old they get to be. people say 44, 43, 29, & 52. i wanna know what the longest anyhorse has ever lived… if you can help please reply.

May 23, 2011 at 10:43 pm
(47) Dustie says:

that is pretty old if you ask me. most people say that horses will only live to be 20 so your horse did live alot longer than most horses do,and for your horse to still be strong thats amazing i am thinking you took pretty darn good of it

May 23, 2011 at 10:45 pm
(48) dustie says:

thanks for caring for horses lol :)

May 23, 2011 at 11:00 pm
(49) dustie says:

i cant believe that a horse would live that long i just wanna say god will give you lots of love in the future for you taking care of a horse that well i hope you will continue to take good care of all of your animals not just horses but all of your animals they all deserve good homes and people that will take care of them and please if you EVER see a stray animal please take them in and at least see if any one wants them than if they dont take it to a shelter home thats very sweet to all animals and i know at first we were talking about horses but come on people think about all the other animals out there in the world that need people and homes think about if you were an animal and no one wanted you what and how would you feel. let all the animals have a good life and if you know your not going to give them a good home do not take it home because there will be better chances if you let it have a good nice warm and where they will have a home i love animals have a great life every one and like i say have a good life now while your living. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THE ANIMAL LOVERS

May 25, 2011 at 8:38 pm
(50) Dustie says:

some one should writ a new comment telling me rather they likes my long speech lol

June 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm
(51) HorseChic says:

Hey! Don’t feel bad! My horse is 25 and woah does he not act like it!!! I have currently been doing drill team with him for this year is the 4th year and he’s doing better than some of our young horses! We also go to show… nothing can stop my beast! :) As long as your horse is healthy, the proper wieght, and gets excersise (not too much though!) he should live a long and happy life <3

August 1, 2011 at 7:51 pm
(52) molls says:

i know a horse that is 42 he lives at my stables he acts like hes 8

August 3, 2011 at 11:30 pm
(53) Fancy30652Race says:

I have a Standardbred Mare that turns 32 this year and I still ride her about every 3 days or so… I take her on trail rides and on rode rides she is in very good shape and got most all of her teeth!

August 7, 2011 at 12:49 pm
(54) robbie says:

I just pickup a 51/2 year old TB 15 hh, who is about 200lb under weight. She has been neglected, having a lot of bad habits. biting, rearing, very temperamental I believe its a trust issue
. I plain on working with her in the fall. starting from scratch. I hope I can give her the love she needs to live a long and healthy life.

August 15, 2011 at 9:47 am
(55) breezy says:

not really a comment but where can i find my horse a new home she is only about nine years old and has foundered twice and we lost our barn in a tornado in 2008 and have not been able to rebuild .she has a hard time walking and bad feet and not sure what is wrong with her and dont have money to take her to the vet and she needs to have someone that can take care of her the way she needs to be taken care of i love her and i have had her since she was born.she is friendly and pretty but she needs to be where she has someone to give her care as needed that i cant.can anyone tell me what to do?

August 25, 2011 at 3:18 am
(56) jacqui says:

Ive had my pony since he was 5 and I was 11. Im now 44 and he’s 38 and still going strong.

October 5, 2011 at 1:12 am
(57) caitlin says:

my horse is 30 and is still heathy and strong i think they can live much longer than 30 cause my horse is really heathy and fit

October 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm
(58) Helen says:

I have had a Draft Pony who I just layed to rest last year at the grand old age of 43.
I bought him home when he was 12 years old and promised him he would never leave and I kept that promise to him for 31 years whie all my girls learned to ride on him and then my grand children. he was every ones special pony…I buried him last December on my property . He is gone but will never be forgotten .

October 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm
(59) lorna tucker says:

I love all your story I have a lovely cob how is 22 years young which my oldest girl rides and a new forest how is 28 year that my little girls rides a few times a week a him love going out .I do love the old guys they have so much love to give.

November 14, 2011 at 12:03 pm
(60) shelby roush says:

i had a barrel horse i was 4 when i got he was 29 when he died

November 17, 2011 at 6:50 pm
(61) Taylor Keller says:

I Know how it feels to loose a horse you love really much!!!!!!

December 21, 2011 at 1:27 pm
(62) Karsen says:

I have 3 horses and one of them is 35 years old and they are tennessee walker horses

December 21, 2011 at 1:28 pm
(63) Karsen says:

I have a horses and it is a Tennessee Walker horse and she is 36 years old!!!! thats a long time livin’.

December 31, 2011 at 5:31 pm
(64) GG says:

My soon to be loan pony is 35 ;) . Acts like a 2 year old full of life! He’s good to jump and all. I’m not putting him through shows or anything and he loves hacking out and just being ridden! A real sweet heart with loads of character!

February 24, 2012 at 3:16 am
(65) Megan says:

I just purchased my first horse today. He’s an appaloosa. He’s only 2 years old. I hope I’m so lucky to have him here for another 20+ years! I have had a horse on lease in the past but never owned. I’m so scared and excited all at once! Does anyone have some advice on breaking? I know the basics and plan on beginning some light saddle breaking. It is a HUGE debate on whether or not 2 is too young for a horse to begin saddle break. After doing some through research, I have decided only to start him on light saddle training, without a rider for at least a solid year. Depending on how he handles that, I may allow my 5 year old to ride him while i lead him.
I have experience with horses, but not a whole lot from the training aspect. Only what i’ve learned from a friend of mine who raises horses. Does anyone know where I can find some good training information so I can boost my confidence a bit on this whole thing?

April 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm
(66) Chez says:

My T/B gelding will be 26 years old this year, he is just amazing, he roams the property as he wishes. Still loves his feeds, loves the beach and the odd jumping session. We ride out around 2-4 times a week. He makes me work hard on our bush rides and still likes to be the horse out front. He loves carrotts and apples, of which I cut into small pieces and also loves hie licorice. He IS MY BEST FRIEND. Oh and he enjoys listening to the radio and watching TV in the stables, he’s a very amazing boy, sent to me straight from god.

April 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm
(67) sallysara says:

My palomino quarter, Avalanch turned 31 this month. I got him at appx 5 1/2 months just weaned in 1981! He’s a good trail horse and not fine tuned but dependable. Just had his teeth floated as he was having big trouble eating hay. Also, a year ago he got under a hot fence (that was not turned on) and was kicked by a mare and it took 3 front teeth and a little bit of the palate. The vet truly save him although has a huge gap where is tongue hangs out some on the side. I still ride him occasionally but he has gotten quite swayback and I mostly lead him on trails. He loves getting out and is very healthy. Consistency is key. There are 2 horses in our area that just turned 40! I don’t know their status.

May 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm
(68) Minta says:

My baby, a quarter horse I have had for 36 years just turned 37 on May 1st. She is doing great kicks up her heals at the deer grazing in her field and loves people only thing is she is loosing her teeth.

June 4, 2012 at 10:35 am
(69) Karma says:

Hey thanks for that great advice have fun with your healthy old horses :) I just got a horse and were thinking about putting it in our 2-3 acres so thanks alot for the advice :)

June 6, 2012 at 1:24 pm
(70) Katherine says:

Glad you’re enjoying the information. Good luck with your new horse.

June 12, 2012 at 1:57 pm
(71) Tiffany says:

good job you must love your horse. :)

June 15, 2012 at 1:56 pm
(72) Howlong!!!!! says:

Oh shame that’s a long time . My husband pays more to house and care for his new girlfriends horse than he does for his 3 children. Hopefully the horse will die soon then maybe the girlfriend will feel a tiny bit of the heartbreak we felt when she took my husband and my childrens father

July 5, 2012 at 9:38 am
(73) cj says:

i want a horse! alway dream to be a horse rider.

August 8, 2012 at 10:59 am
(74) I LOVE HORSES says:

I had a horse that lived to 87, he was older than my dad. My dad bought him when he was a baby. My dad is 40. I LOVE HIM HE GIVES ME RIDES.

August 9, 2012 at 6:55 pm
(75) Has says:

your dad bought a horse when he was a baby ! meaning your dad was a baby when he bought the horse ?! ! so how come he bought a horse !

and if the horse was a baby when your dad bought it how come now it is 87 years old ! ? and your dad still 40 !

am I missing something in the story :|

August 20, 2012 at 4:31 am
(76) JIm says:

My Arabian Mare is 39 years old and still going strong . . . I no longer ride her . . she’s enjoying the retirement she earned . . . She has free range of 80 acres and a huge barn where she can come and go as she pleases . .. .

September 10, 2012 at 1:13 pm
(77) Julie says:

I have a horse that is 37 years old and look great

September 29, 2012 at 7:46 pm
(78) Monte says:

I have a 33 year old Standardbred and she is really starting to show her age, In the past year she has lost a lot of weight. I got her when she was 3 and she raced for 4 years. I then retired her and she has had a great retirement on my farm with her son. She will be greatly missed.

October 4, 2012 at 4:52 am
(79) Margaret Cook says:

We have a pony who was born on 17 September 1975
We bred the pony and can prove she is 37 years old.

October 6, 2012 at 2:03 am
(80) Morgan says:

I am going to look at a horse I might be loaning this afternoon! I’m so exited, I couldn’t sleep! Lol!

October 10, 2012 at 11:18 am
(81) Katherine says:

Have fun!

November 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm
(82) Cam says:

My neighbor has a 39 year old male. He is lame, but has been since age 15. He was acquired as a companion horse to one that has long since died. He’s a bit slow moving, and his teeth are showing signs of age…he can’t eat hay anymore, but he’s content and loved, and seems to know it.

December 21, 2012 at 6:59 pm
(83) Horselover says:

They usually live to about 25-35 years.

December 29, 2012 at 6:39 pm
(84) Kristy says:

I have a highland pony and its 10years old and it getting stronger every year I feed her 3 times a day and I going to get a mustang horse and I don’t know if to keep them in a same stable or in different ones can some one answer me!!!!

February 9, 2013 at 10:27 pm
(85) kasee says:

my horse is a stunning chestnut and coming up to 30, still going strong.

February 21, 2013 at 11:58 pm
(86) melissa says:

my daughter is 9 and has never been around horses. we were looking at a healthy 28 year old and i like how mellow she is.. but i am afraid to get a horse that my daughter will get super attached and we don’t have very long. any thoughts

March 28, 2013 at 2:28 pm
(87) Diamond says:

the barn I work at we had a horse over 40. He passed away last year from a parasite and they told us it wouldn’t have made a difference if he was 4. Sometimes I wonder how long he would have lived if not for that parasite. We still have 2 old horses, one 41 and one 37. Both Morgan horses. I hope to see them reach 50.

April 9, 2013 at 11:28 am
(88) Heather says:

We have a warmblood gelding who is 33, I believe, and still in excellent shape, he is “semi-retired” because he loves dressage and always wants to be out in the arena. I can imagine him going strong well into his late 40′s – isn’t it wonderful what training, exercise and modern veterinary medicine can do? It seems that most of the referenced sources for the lifespan of a horse were written over twenty years ago, and need to be updated. Here’s hoping their lives keep getting longer and longer!

May 20, 2013 at 11:46 am
(89) Sharon says:

I have a 35 year old Quater Horse, she is still so healthy. she has only
a couple of teeth left, when I got her 2 years ago she was at a stage 1, according to the vet. Almost dead. Today she is bright eyed, a retired barrel racer and champion. She is on: beet pulp, equine senior, alpha cubes all soaked. In the winter I add chaffhay. I also keep a #250lb crystal lick in the field. Hopefully she will live to 87! (I beleive in miracles) I also worm her (4) times a year!

June 23, 2013 at 2:47 pm
(90) horse lover says:

I might be getting a 27 year old horse he’s a quarter horse and his name is diamond

July 4, 2013 at 6:59 pm
(91) angel says:

i have a palomino qh that’s turning 27 and he still runs barrels. we just went to state championship and got 5th

July 27, 2013 at 9:23 pm
(92) melissa says:

I have a 29 year old arab just turned 29 she still loves to run, trot and canter alot. she was well taken care of when i got her and now she gets the best care of all. her daddy was the great alladina who died when he was 35. her name is alley she does dressage and poles and barrels for fun. nothing major. A horse can live a long time with a lot of love and care. I ride her still at least 3 times a week and she loves it. she is a wonderful horse and my first one. she is my pride and joy.

August 13, 2013 at 6:49 pm
(93) Rebeccah says:

I have a TWH gelding that’s pushing 35 years old. Don’t tell him that though cause he beats up the mares and is top of the herd. You wouldn’t know he was that old until you open his mouth and see how few teeth he has lol. He stays in good shape on soaked senior feed and soaked alfalfa pellets.

August 19, 2013 at 4:21 pm
(94) Alberto says:

My horse was just put down today… He broke his leg yesterday, wherever he walked his leg dragged, I felt do bad, there’s nothing we could have done. His name was Grano De Oro, he pretty much grew up with me, I’m now 20, he was Born shortly after me. Ill miss him. Hope he’s in a better place.

August 22, 2013 at 7:41 am
(95) Katherine says:

So sorry to learn of this. Those situations are difficult.

September 12, 2013 at 12:34 pm
(96) Erin says:

I have a 7 year old hackney pony I’m wondering what size person can ride her. We got her for our 3 children and I don’t want her to get hurt. Our son is 9 and about 80 pounds. Can he ride her?? Or should we get a bigger horse for him.

September 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm
(97) Katherine says:

Without knowing the exact size of the pony, it’s difficult to say. See
<a href=”http://horses.about.com/od/buyingyourfirsthorse/a/am_I_too_heavy_for_my_horse.htm”>Am I Too Big For My Horse?</a> for more guidelines about the rider/horse size ratio.

September 17, 2013 at 12:05 pm
(98) Erin says:

Great thank you very much. That was very helpful. I don’t really know how tall she is because I have now idea what heads are in inches

September 23, 2013 at 8:11 am
(99) Katherine says:

A hand is 4 inches.

October 14, 2013 at 1:26 pm
(100) Gemma lou says:

My cousin has just lost her welsh section a pony at the age of 41, i currently have a fell pony who is 24 and aside from cushings disease, you would think she was half of that age. I think these days ponys especially are living a lot longer than they were in previous years due to modern medicine, better living etc. i wouldnt be suprised if the average lifespan of a pony was at least 5/10 years more than that of a horse as they ate much hardier.

October 15, 2013 at 7:07 am
(101) Katherine says:

I think you’re right. There are more horses and ponies reaching 30+ than ever it seems.

October 18, 2013 at 6:03 am
(102) youtube.com says:

You actually make it seem really easy along with your presentation but
I find this topic to be really something that I believe
I’d by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very wide for me.
I am taking a look ahead on your subsequent submit, I’ll try to get
the grasp of it!

Also visit my weblog … top eleven hack – <a href=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KNuOQVpug”>youtube.com</a>,

October 18, 2013 at 10:09 am
(103) Steve says:

i have a wonderful mare that just turned 40 this past February. She has been in our family sense she was 6 months old. We do not ride any more but she does spend time eating grass and just hanging out. She is an only horse and live on our property and we see her everyday. i thank God everyday that he has given me with my old girl.