1. Home
Katherine Blocksdorf

Antique Saddlery and Horse Equipment

By September 8, 2007

I love antiques, and of course I find horse related antiques very interesting. One local museum has an antique side saddle I am coveting. But they won't let me check it out and try it. (It's a museum after all, not a library.) Here's an online collection of horse gear that kept me browsing and wishing I had more empty rooms to fill.

Comments

May 22, 2008 at 6:00 pm
(1) Louis Bartholomew says:

I have a two horse equalizer that i cant find a value for. Can yoy help me

May 26, 2008 at 6:37 am
(2) Katherine says:

Sorry, I’m not sure what this is. A photo might be helpful and perhaps someone on the forum can help. Don’t worry, sign-up only takes a minute and it’s free.

March 27, 2009 at 11:33 am
(3) Connie says:

Hello, I have a a tool that a very old lady brought into my shop. She said it belonged to her grandfather to lance boils on a horse.
It appears to be brass and is marked brinkerhoff n y Would you happen to know a value of something like this???

Thanks so much. : )

May 28, 2009 at 11:09 pm
(4) kathleen bailey says:

I have an antique leather horse fly sheet that belonged to my (great)grandfather. Any ideas on how to restore it for display? Is there any value to these other than sentimental?

March 30, 2010 at 11:27 am
(5) John says:

We have just got a mass of working horse collars and miscellaneous items from a French barn. No idea of age but they need restoring.

We also have an almost complete hay/wood wagon with front and back “chassis”, 4 good wheels and other bits and pieces. They are here in France in the Vosges, near Epinal. There could be a Renault tractor, probably 40 + years old, works a treat.

Anyone interested? Please go to http://www.remede-naturel.net and contact through there. Thank you.

November 16, 2010 at 1:58 pm
(6) Mari Crabtree says:

I have an old racehorse training saddle from about the 50′s, it is in good condition without the stirrups or girth. I would like to have a value and am unable to locate one

September 15, 2011 at 12:04 pm
(7) Barbara Johnson says:

We have some horse collars, misc bridles,etc. we want to sell. Anyone interested can email me in MN.

melbarb@msn.com

September 10, 2012 at 10:58 am
(8) chris says:

I have what I think must be a saddle pack,made in handwrought iron,with shaped wooden bearers.It has a tin fitting in the centre and several rings to attach the leather work.I can find no others like this,despite trawling through loads of sites and photos.I would like to sell this but need some date,maker and general inforamation about it before doing so.I can send photos via email.
Many thanks,Chris

February 6, 2014 at 12:48 am
(9) Apryl Wallick says:

I have a equine weight trainer thats made by a company called Kope. The company is no longer around and I can’t find any information on it. It’s in perfect condition and never been used. I’m trying to find the value of it, its leather mostly except the band that goes across the back of the horse. Have you ever heard of anything along the lines of this?